Thursday, January 24, 2008

Gourmet Ice Cream Flavours

Lavender. Chili Chocolate. Tom’s Palette offers both traditional and experimental ice cream flavours in its Beach Road outlet
By Cheryl Chia

THERE are many ice cream parlours that have been sprouting all around Singapore. Our sunny little island is known for its extreme temperatures. Here in this tiny red dot, it’s either scorching hot or cold and wet.

Whatever it is, I’ve never seen anyone complain about the lack of ice cream here. My friends eat ice cream even when the weather is cold. The same goes for me. I love ice cream and I believe that any time is ice cream time.

That explains why I’m ever so eager to try out new ice cream parlours whenever I get tip-offs from my friends and the newspapers.

I had some Thai Basil Rice for dinner the other day and was really looking for something to douse the fire in my mouth. Another opportunity to eat ice cream, I thought.

So where was I going to get my ice cream? I was yearning for soemthing freshly made, nothing pre-packaged. Then I remembered Tom’s Palette, a locally owned ice cream parlour that serves unique flavours like black sesame and chrysanthemum.

Read more about this ice cream parlour serving Gourmet Ice Cream Flavours.

No comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin