Friday, October 9, 2009

Pregnancy Tips: Should I Worry About Yellowish Discharge From Breast?

Powered by Today's Parents Magazine
GREAT EXPECTATIONS
By Dr Vanaja K, Consultant Obstetrician & Gynaecologist | National University Hospital
reprinted with permission from "Great Expectations by Today's Parents magazine

I am now 32 weeks pregnant. A few days ago, after my shower, there was some yellowish discharge from my breast. Is this discharge from the nipples colostrum? How can I stop it from flowing out? Will I have enough colostrum to give my new baby when I deliver, if it continues?

During the last trimester, there will be a small amount of milky discharge from the nipples called colostrum. Do not squeeze or stimulate the nipples as it will usually stop on its own. Yes, you will have enough colostrum to give your baby when you deliver.

Source: Pregnancy Tips: Should I Worry About Yellowish Discharge From Breast?

No comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin